In the first episode of Season 6, Ian Goldin introduces development, the process by which nations escape poverty and achieve economic and social progress. This crucial process has been the subject of extensive examination for hundreds of years.
Learn more about Development: A Very Short Introduction here: https://global.oup.com/academic/product/development-a-very-short-introduction-9780198736257
Ian Goldin is Director of the Oxford Martin School at the University of Oxford, and Professor of Globalisation and Development. From 2001 to 2006, he was Vice President of the World Bank and the Bank’s Director of Development Policy, and following the end of apartheid, Ian was economic adviser to President Mandela.
Subscribe to The Very Short Introductions Podcast on:
– Amazon Music: https://oxford.ly/3jDBK5Z
– Apple Podcasts: https://oxford.ly/2SQQ79R
– Audible: https://oxford.ly/3yw0xSn
– Blubrry: https://oxford.ly/2IVCep0
– Google Podcasts: https://oxford.ly/34W2bvY
– iHeartRadio: https://oxford.ly/3vjowkl
– SoundCloud: https://oxford.ly/3nPvtoD
– Spotify: https://oxford.ly/3dxUJuP
– Stitcher: https://oxford.ly/3k9kEvH
– TuneIn: https://oxford.ly/3M7iMAU
– YouTube: https://oxford.ly/3kZF8Jh
© Oxford University Press