In this episode, Philip Dwyer introduces the difficult but important topic of violence and addresses the truth behind the claims that society is becoming less violent.
Learn more about “Violence: A Very Short Introduction” here: https://global.oup.com/academic/product/violence-a-very-short-introduction-9780198831730
Philip Dwyer is Professor of History and the founding Director of the Centre for the Study of Violence at the University of Newcastle. He has published widely on the Revolutionary and Napoleonic eras, including a three-volume biography of Napoleon.
Follow The Very Short Introductions Podcast on:
– Amazon Music: https://oxford.ly/3jDBK5Z
– Apple Podcasts: https://oxford.ly/2SQQ79R
– Audible: https://oxford.ly/3yw0xSn
– Blubrry: https://oxford.ly/2IVCep0
– Google Podcasts: https://oxford.ly/34W2bvY
– iHeartRadio: https://oxford.ly/3vjowkl
– SoundCloud: https://oxford.ly/3nPvtoD
– Spotify: https://oxford.ly/3dxUJuP
– Stitcher: https://oxford.ly/3k9kEvH
– TuneIn: https://oxford.ly/3M7iMAU
– YouTube: https://oxford.ly/3kZF8Jh
© Oxford University Press