In this episode, Laura Marcus introduces one of the most popular written forms, the autobiography, form that offers understanding of the ways in which lives have been lived and fundamental accounts of what it means to be a self in the world.
Learn more about Autobiography : A Very Short Introduction here:
Laura Marcus is Goldsmiths’ Professor of English Literature and Fellow of New College at Oxford. She is also a Fellow of the British Academy. Marcus has published widely on nineteenth and twentieth-century literature and culture, with books on autobiography, Virginia Woolf, modernist writing and literature and film.
Follow The Very Short Introductions Podcast on:
– Apple Podcasts: https://oxford.ly/2SQQ79R
– Google Podcasts: https://oxford.ly/34W2bvY
– SoundCloud: https://oxford.ly/3nPvtoD
– Spotify: https://oxford.ly/3dxUJuP
– Stitcher: https://oxford.ly/3k9kEvH
© Oxford University Press