In this episode, Kirsten Shepherd-Barr introduce modern drama, the tale of which is a story of extremes, testing both audiences and actors to their limits through hostility and contrarianism.
Learn more about “Modern Drama: A Very Short Introduction” here:
Kirsten E. Shepherd-Barr is Professor of English and Theatre Studies at the University of Oxford and a Fellow of St Catherine’s College. She is the author of Theatre and Evolution from Ibsen to Beckett, Science on Stage: From Doctor Faustus to Copenhagen, and Ibsen and Early Modernist Theatre, 1890-1900, as well as numerous articles on modern drama.
Follow The Very Short Introductions Podcast on:
– Apple Podcasts: https://oxford.ly/2SQQ79R
– Blubrry: https://oxford.ly/2IVCep0
– Google Podcasts: https://oxford.ly/34W2bvY
– SoundCloud: https://oxford.ly/3nPvtoD
– Spotify: https://oxford.ly/3dxUJuP
– Stitcher: https://oxford.ly/3k9kEvH
© Oxford University Press