In this episode Nick Groom introduces the Gothic, a wildly diverse term which has a far-reaching influence across culture and society, from ecclesiastical architecture to cult horror films and political theorists to contemporary fashion.
Learn more about The Gothic: A Very Short Introduction here:
Nick Groom is Professor of English Literature at the University of Macau. He has published widely for both academic and popular readerships, and is the author and editor of many books, including Oxford World’s Classics editions of Frankenstein (2018), The Italian (2017), The Monk (2016), and The Castle of Otranto (2014).
Follow The Very Short Introductions Podcast on:
– Apple Podcasts: https://oxford.ly/2SQQ79R
– Blubrry: https://oxford.ly/2IVCep0
– Google Podcasts: https://oxford.ly/34W2bvY
– SoundCloud: https://oxford.ly/3nPvtoD
– Spotify: https://oxford.ly/3dxUJuP
– Stitcher: https://oxford.ly/3k9kEvH
© Oxford University Press