In this episode, Jennifer Gidley introduces the future, an area of fascination for humans from the beginning of time driven by both of our fear of the unknown and our curiosity to know.
Learn more about The Future: A Very Short Introduction here:
Jennifer Gidley has extensive experience in the futures studies field, combining scholarly research, academic teaching, and leadership of the World Futures Studies Federation (UNESCO Partner), she was re-elected as President in 2013 for a second four-year term. Jennifer has held academic positions in Australia at Southern Cross (1995-2001); Swinburne (2003-2006); and Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (2008-2012); and holds visiting academic posts in Europe.
Follow The Very Short Introductions Podcast on:
– Apple Podcasts: https://oxford.ly/2SQQ79R
– Blubrry: https://oxford.ly/2IVCep0
– Google Podcasts: https://oxford.ly/34W2bvY
– SoundCloud: https://oxford.ly/3nPvtoD
– Spotify: https://oxford.ly/3dxUJuP
– Stitcher: https://oxford.ly/3k9kEvH
© Oxford University Press