In the last episode of Season 6, Alan Tansman introduces Japanese literature, a canon that stretches back 1500 years, and includes writers such as Murasaki Shikibu and Haruki Murakami.
Learn more about Japanese Literature: A Very Short Introduction here: https://global.oup.com/academic/product/japanese-literature-a-very-short-introduction-9780199765256
Alan Tansman is Professor and Louis B. Agassiz Chair in Japanese at the University of California, Berkeley. He is the author of The Writings of Kôda Aya, The Aesthetics of Japanese Fascism, and The Culture of Japanese Fascism, and coeditor of Studies in Modern Japanese Literature.
Subscribe to The Very Short Introductions Podcast on:
– Amazon Music: https://oxford.ly/3jDBK5Z
– Apple Podcasts: https://oxford.ly/2SQQ79R
– Audible: https://oxford.ly/3yw0xSn
– Blubrry: https://oxford.ly/2IVCep0
– Google Podcasts: https://oxford.ly/34W2bvY
– iHeartRadio: https://oxford.ly/3vjowkl
– SoundCloud: https://oxford.ly/3nPvtoD
– Spotify: https://oxford.ly/3dxUJuP
– Stitcher: https://oxford.ly/3k9kEvH
– TuneIn: https://oxford.ly/3M7iMAU
– YouTube: https://oxford.ly/3kZF8Jh
© Oxford University Press