In this episode, Catherine Wilson introduces Epicureanism, a school of thought based on the teachings of Epicurus, that promotes modest pleasure and a simple life—ideals that still hold relevance today.
Learn more about “Epicureanism: A Very Short Introduction” here: https://global.oup.com/academic/product/epicureanism-a-very-short-introduction-9780199688326
Catherine Wilson is Emeritus Professor of Philosophy at York University and a member of the Graduate Faculty of the City University of New York. She is the author of a number of books and articles on the history and philosophy of science and on the Epicurean influence on moral and political theory.
Follow The Very Short Introductions Podcast on:
– Amazon Music: https://oxford.ly/3jDBK5Z
– Apple Podcasts: https://oxford.ly/2SQQ79R
– Audible: https://oxford.ly/3yw0xSn
– Blubrry: https://oxford.ly/2IVCep0
– Google Podcasts: https://oxford.ly/34W2bvY
– iHeartRadio: https://oxford.ly/3vjowkl
– SoundCloud: https://oxford.ly/3nPvtoD
– Spotify: https://oxford.ly/3dxUJuP
– Stitcher: https://oxford.ly/3k9kEvH
– TuneIn: https://oxford.ly/3M7iMAU
– YouTube: https://oxford.ly/3kZF8Jh
© Oxford University Press