In this episode, Patricia Aufderheide introduces documentary film, a diverse genre that encompasses films from March of the Penguins to Fahrenheit 9/11 but is always rooted in the desire to represent reality.
Learn more about “Documentary Film: A Very Short Introduction” here: https://global.oup.com/academic/product/documentary-film-a-very-short-introduction-9780195182705
Patricia Aufderheide is a professor in the School of Communication at American University in Washington, D.C., and founder-director of its Center for Social Media. She received the career achievement award for scholarship from the International Documentary Association in 2006 and has served as a Sundance Film Festival juror and as a board member of the Independent Television Service. She is the author, most recently, of The Daily Planet: A Critic on the Capitalist Culture Beat.
Follow The Very Short Introductions Podcast on:
– Amazon Music: https://oxford.ly/3jDBK5Z
– Apple Podcasts: https://oxford.ly/2SQQ79R
– Audible: https://oxford.ly/3yw0xSn
– Blubrry: https://oxford.ly/2IVCep0
– Google Podcasts: https://oxford.ly/34W2bvY
– iHeartRadio: https://oxford.ly/3vjowkl
– SoundCloud: https://oxford.ly/3nPvtoD
– Spotify: https://oxford.ly/3dxUJuP
– Stitcher: https://oxford.ly/3k9kEvH
– TuneIn: https://oxford.ly/3M7iMAU
– YouTube: https://oxford.ly/3kZF8Jh
© Oxford University Press