In this episode, Kathleen Taylor introduces dementia, the fifth-most common cause of death across the world which, despite recent advances in brain science, still has no effective treatment.
Learn more about Dementia: A Very Short Introduction here:
Kathleen Taylor studied physiology and philosophy at the University of Oxford. After a research MSc at Stirling University, working on brain chemistry, she returned to Oxford to do a DPhil in visual neuroscience and postdoctoral work on cognitive neuroscience. In 2003 she won two national writing awards, and decided to leave the uncertain and challenging world of academic science for the even more uncertain and challenging world of science writing.
Follow The Very Short Introductions Podcast on:
– Apple Podcasts: https://oxford.ly/2SQQ79R
– Blubrry: https://oxford.ly/2IVCep0
– Google Podcasts: https://oxford.ly/34W2bvY
– SoundCloud: https://oxford.ly/3nPvtoD
– Spotify: https://oxford.ly/3dxUJuP
– Stitcher: https://oxford.ly/3k9kEvH
© Oxford University Press